IDinsight is hiring a full-time junior data engineer (0 to 4 years of relevant experience) to grow our data systems and broader software engineering capabilities. In this role, the data engineer will work with project teams and clients to build data systems to drive social impact. You may build software to help manage on-the-ground efforts to locate out-of-school children, introduce greater accountability and effectiveness into social safety net programs, or deliver socioeconomic data to high-level decision-makers in the social sector.
Alors, intéressé(e) ?
Junior Data Engineer – IDinsight
You’ll be joining a growing data engineering team and working on highly impactful and innovative projects with our partners. You’ll be joining an entrepreneurial team where you have a strong voice in how the team functions and grows. To be effective, data engineering products need to be contextually relevant and build on subject-matter expertise. You will get to work closely with our partners, our team of economists, social-sector experts, and public health specialists to build and test solutions.
Learning is a key part of being a data engineer. 10% of your time would be dedicated to learning new skills and side projects of your choice. You’ll have strong mentorship to guide your data engineering career and you’ll make interesting and valuable connections.
We are seeking candidates with a strong background in Python/SQL and core data engineering skills, and a passion for building solutions to difficult social problems. Most importantly, successful candidates should possess the ability to work independently to solve complex challenges, both human and technological.
As a junior data engineer, the day-to-day work may include:
- Working with clients to understand their needs: understanding their current processes and pain points and identifying which of these can be addressed through automating and streamlining data flows.
- Wrangling/cleaning government or client data, with an eye toward automation: from extracting data from SQL databases and making API calls to scraping websites and cleaning survey data.
- Creating and maintaining optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Working with analytical tools to provide actionable data insights to decision-makers.
- Working with other team members to test and deploy these solutions.